Black rasperry sconesFrom erinlou 8 years ago
- 1 cup pastry flour shopping list
- 1 cup oats shopping list
- 1 T baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 4T butter shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 cup of non-fat milk shopping list
- 3T sugar shopping list
- 1 cup black raspberries shopping list
- 2 t orange zest (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the first four ingredients. Divide the butter into small chunks and cut into the flour mixture with either two knives, a pastry blender, or your hands (my preferred method!). This should turn into a mealy looking blend. Fold in the berries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and whisk. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until mix is barely wet. Turn out onto a floured surface and pat into a circle. Cut into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet. Don't over mix!!!
- Bake at 375 for about 18 minutes until nice and golden. Other options for these scones are to add some nuts or use another egg white and two tablespoons of sugar as a topping.
The Cookerinlou Galesburg, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!