AtcharaFrom etchel 8 years ago
- 4 small green papaya, peeled shopping list
- 2-4 tablespoons coarse salt shopping list
- cheesecloth shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar cane vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 large carrot, cut into fine stips shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 head garlis, peeled shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ginger strips shopping list
- 20 pieces red shallots, whole and peeled shopping list
How to make it
- > Divide the papaya in half and shred into strips
- > Mix 2 tablespoons coarse salt with shredded papaya
- > Mash ans squeeze shredded papaya to extract juice. Add remaining rock salt as needed. Discard papaya juice. Placed squeezed papaya on a clean cheesecloth. Squeeze papaya strips through cheesecloth. Set aside in a bowl.
- > Put vinegar and the 2 kinds of sugar in a saucepan and let boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Add more sugar to sweeten to taste, if desired. Do not stir.
- > Add papaya, carrots, red bell peppers, garlic, ginger and shallots to the vinegar-sugar mixture. Allow to boil 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer atchara into sterilized bottles. Let cool before covering.
- * You may also use cookie cutters to cut the vegetables into decorative pieces.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- etchel Butuan City, PH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔