Oriental Style Pork Belly Slices and Dipping SauceFrom lizziefrog 8 years ago
- 6 lbs Lean pork belly slices shopping list
- ½ cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- ½ tube tomato purée (about ½ the amount of hoisin) shopping list
- ½ tsp ground ginger shopping list
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice shopping list
- 10 oz Granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 3 tbls soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbls Sherry vinegar (you could use dry sherry instead) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all the ingredients, except the belly slices, thoroughly.
- If the slices are long ones, it can be just as well to cut them in half now.
- Spread the mix over the slices and coat them thoroughly.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight or let marinate for 4-6 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 (Hot)
- Place the pork slices on a rack in a baking tray and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes - if you don't use a rack, you will have to take them out and turn them over and baste before continuing.
- Five minutes before the ribs are done, put any remaining marinade into a small saucepan and heat gently. Add the juices from the ribs when they are complete and cook off for 2 minutes for a delicious dipping sauce.
The Cooklizziefrog Suffolk Sea-Side, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!