Golden Cheese PuddingFrom girlinterrupted 8 years ago
- 600ml/1 pint milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 60ml/4tbsp of freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp chilli seasoning (not powder) shopping list
- Freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 5 large, thick slices of white crusty bread shopping list
- 225g/8oz gruyere or Emmental cheese grated shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, 3tbsp parmesan, chilli seasoning and the nutmeg. Season.
- Halve the bread slices if very large.
- Place half of the bread in a well buttered 2 litre/3 1/2 pint oven proof dish.
- Cover with 2/3 of the Gruyere or Emmental cheese and top with the remaining bread.
- Pour over the egg and milk mixture. Press the bread gently into the milk.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Gruyere or Emmental and parmesan and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes to absorb most of the liquid.
- Place the dish in a roasting tin and pour in enough boiling water to come half way up the sides of the dish.
- Bake at 220 degrees for about 30 minutes or until puffed, lightly set and well browned, covering loosely with foil if necessary.
- Serve with a tomato salad. (or whatever you fancy!)