Quick Orange RollsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon orange juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup or honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Make thin syrup with the orange juice, grated orange rind, honey and butter then boil 3 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until finely blended.
- Stir in milk to make a soft dough.
- Pour equal amounts of HOT orange syrup into each of 12 greased medium sized muffin cups.
- Drop equal amounts of dough on top of the orange syrup in each of the muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400.
- When baked turn muffin pan upside down onto a large tray.
- Allow orange syrup to run down over the rolls.
- To prevent sticking remove from pan quickly before syrup cools.
- Serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!