Cod ChowderFrom draculusa 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs of cod fillets, cut into cubes (approx. 1 inch) shopping list
- 1 lb of bacon, sliced shopping list
- 5 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 large sized onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1 can of evaporated milk (approx. 12 fl oz) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of whole milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bacon strips in a large sized stockpot on medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until it is crisp, then remove it and use paper towels to drain. Drain grease from the pot, keeping about 1 tablespoon for later. Fry the onions in the reserved bacon grease over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- Put the potatoes in the pot and add water till the potatoes are covered. Allow it to boil, and then cook the potatoes until they are almost tender (approx. 5 minutes). Then add the fish pieces, the whole milk, the evaporated milk and the butter. Allow it to boil then let it simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chowder in bowls, topped with crumbled bacon pieces.
The Cookdraculusa Lisbon, PT
- Not added to any groups yet!