easy chicken and dumplingsFrom jackie0525 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 3 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes, then stir in chicken and saute until browned, about 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in broth, vegetables, sage and thyme; mix all together and let simmer over medium heat while preparing the dumplings.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and parsley together. Add shortening and stir mixture into a coarse, mealy dough. Stir in buttermilk, a little bit at a time, until dough holds together and is soft but firm. (If needed, add up to 2 tablespoons more buttermilk).
- Bring chicken mixture to a boil over medium high heat and drop round spoonfuls of dumpling mixture on top (do not let dumplings touch each other). Reduce heat to low, cover pot and let simmer for 10 to 12
The Cookjackie0525 Palm Bay, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!