gluten-free tuna noodle casseroleFrom jillelise 7 years ago
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 T butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 T sweet rice flour shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- about 1 c cheese (your choice, I used cheddar) shopping list
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs (for breadcrumbs, buy some crappy gf bread from the grocery store and toast it then pulse in the food processor until crumby) shopping list
- 1 can tuna (make sure its not packed in hidden gluten-broth, etc) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c rice pasta (from the asian grocery store, or any kind you like) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350, and butter a casserole dish.
- Cook pasta, drain, and put in casserole. Add tuna.
- Saute onion, garlic and celery in 1 T butter until softened. Add to casserole.
- Make cheese sauce: Melt 2 T butter, whisk in rice flour, cook, whisking, 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt and pepper, cook until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in cheese until melted. Pour into casserole, mix everything together.
- Melt last T of butter, toast breadcrumbs in butter.
- Sprinkle over tuna cheese noddles.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until browned and bubbling.