High Hat Tuna SouffleFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup milk scalded shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 2 egg yolks slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 can cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 can tuna shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated onion shopping list
- 2 egg whites beaten stiff but not dry shopping list
How to make it
- Combine hot milk, shortening, sugar and salt then cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle yeast onto warm water in a large bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Add milk mixture, egg yolks and flour then beat until smooth about 1 minute.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place free from draft until double in bulk about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In 1 quart casserole or soufflé dish combine undiluted soup, tuna, pimiento and onion.
- Stir yeast batter down and fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spoon batter on top of tuna mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!