Green Tortilla ChiliFrom desireesweet 6 years ago
- 1 rotisserie chicken, stripped and shredded OR 1.5 pounds left over turkey shredded shopping list
- 3 tbls olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 rounded tbls chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 16oz jar tomatillo salsa shopping list
- 1 beer, any brand shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock shopping list
- 4 handfuls tortilla chips, divided shopping list
- 1 handful cilantro leaves shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
How to make it
- heat a heavy bottom pot over medium heat with olive oil.
- Cook onions, garlic and jalapeno until soft (about 4 mins)
- Add chili powder and cumin and cook for another minute
- Add tomatillo salsa, beer and stock.
- Bring to bubble and add in shredded chicken.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins
- meanwhile gring 2 handfuls of tortilla chips and cilantro leaves in food processor.
- add this mixture to the chili and continue cooking until thickens, about 8-10 mins
- right before spooning into bowls, add in lime juice and serve with tortilla chips
The Cookdesireesweet Van Nuys, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!