Sweet and Sour ChickenFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- SWEET AND SOUR chicken shopping list
- This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Holland Estate in Portland, Oregon in 1987. shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 cup up chicken breasts shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons catsup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Put cornstarch in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken first in the starch and then in the egg.
- Put in sprayed skillet and brown both sides.
- Put browned chicken in a pan and cover with sauce then bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- To make sauce combine all ingredients and cook over low heat until thickened.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating1 people
Very yummy! Not overwhelming and tastey. Not overly sweet and has just enough tang.camikins in Clifton Heights loved it