Chicken Sausage JambalayaFrom jayzee 5 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil or olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup celery, sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast, cubed shopping list
- creole seasoning, to coat chicken cubes shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked rice shopping list
- 3/4 lb andouille or any smoked sausage, quartered and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 lb Tasso, diced shopping list
- 14-1/2 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion, green pepper, and celery in oil in 5-quart Dutch Oven.
- Add garlic, chicken (coated with seasoning), and uncooked rice. Cook a few minutes to let the rice soak in the oil.
- Add sausage, tasso, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep rice from sticking, until rice is cooked and water is absorbed.
- Note: If you do not have tasso, it can be left out of the recipe without a significant change to the flavor.