Festive Cranberry TorteFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups ground fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate thawed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 recipe cranberry glaze shopping list
How to make it
- Fresh orange slices quartered
- In mixing bowl combine crumbs, pecans, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of spring form pan then chill well.
- In large mixer bowl combine cranberries and 1 cup sugar and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add unbeaten egg whites, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and salt.
- Beat on low speed until frothy then beat 8 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- In small mixer bowl whip cream to soft peaks then fold into cranberry mixture.
- Turn into crust and freeze until firm.
- To serve remove torte from pan and place on serving plate.
- Spoon cranberry glaze in center and place orange slices around outside.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- In saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch then stir in cranberries and water.
- Cook and stir until bubbly until cranberry skins start to pop.
- Cool to room temperature.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!