Far East YamsFrom jgilmour 8 years ago
- sweet potatos peeled /cubed (2 medium size) shopping list
- onions sliced coarse (1/2 large onion) shopping list
- minced garlic (tablespoon) shopping list
- basmati rice (1- 1/2 cup) shopping list
- curry powdered (1/4 cup) shopping list
- dried basil leaves (teasoon) shopping list
- peanut or olive oil (1/4 cup) shopping list
- firm tofu (loaf) shopping list
- untoasted sesame seeds (2 tablespoons) shopping list
- Non fat plain yogurt or sour cream (1 cup) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large covered skillet heat 1/2 of peanut or olive oil
- Add onions, cubed sweet potatoes, basil and minced garlic , slightly brown
- Without removing ingredients from skillet, add 2 1/2 cups water, rice and curry powder, cover and reduce heat to low, set timer for 25 minutes.
- In another, smaller skillet heat remaining oil.
- Add cubed tofu (or substittute chicken, pork or ?) and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top. Brown cubes to a golden crisp, remove from skillet and set aside.
- When the timer goes off, serve up the rice/sweet potate mixture, topped with the cubed tofu with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream over the top.
The Cookjgilmour Bend, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!