Chicken Egg RollsFrom mom2jndmc 7 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- ½ c mushrooms shopping list
- 1 lg chicken breast shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil (plus enough for the deep fryer) shopping list
- 1 - 16oz bag of fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 2c small spinach leaves shopping list
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion shopping list
- ½ cup thinly sliced bamboo shoots shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp grated ginger root shopping list
- ½ tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 12 egg roll skins shopping list
How to make it
- Finely dice all vegetables and mix together in a large bowl.
- For sauce: blend soy sauce into cornstarch; stir in gingerroot, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Filling: brown chicken breast, dice as small as possible. Stir fry chicken and garlic in 1 tbsp oil for about 2 minutes. Add vegetables and stir fry for about 3 minutes more. Add sauce mixture, cook and stir until thickened. Cool.
- Assembly: place filling in center of egg roll wrap. Roll as desired; wet edges of wrap with water to seal.
- Deep fry until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes or more, serve. Great with sweet and sour sauce!
The Cookmom2jndmc Hibbing, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!