Yellow Pepper And Sun-dried Tomato AppetizerFrom lohashim 7 years ago
- 10 to 15 sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- 4 to 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 yellow bell peppers, stemmed, deribbed and cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes (canned OK) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon or more fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- Large pinch of sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and add hot water to cover. Let soak for at least 30 minutes, then drain and cut into halves or quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the peppers and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Don't let them get too soft.
- Add half of the garlic, the diced tomatoes, thyme and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to high and cook until the mixture is reduced to a thick paste.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, capers and the remaining garlic. Let cool to room temperature.
- May be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve at warm-room temperature, heaped in a bowl and sprinkled with parsley.