Bitter Green Soup And Cheese TorelliniFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large leeks, trimmed, cleaned and sliced in half moons shopping list
- 1 large bay leaves shopping list
- 2 large garlic clove shopping list
- 3 cups of frozen chopped turnip greens shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- 32 ounces of chicken broth shopping list
- one package of cheese tortellini from the refrigerator section shopping list
- 1/8 cup of dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar shopping list
- fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- slices of thin sourdough toasted, rubbed with garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in bottom of large dutch oven.
- Saute leeks until limp and soft.
- Add garlic, greens, bay and pepper. .
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and heat thoroughly about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, stir in sherry and vinegar.
- Adjust seasoning, adding salt if necessary
- Ladle into soup bowls directly over the toast and top generously with lots of freshly grated parmesan cheese.