Caramel Date Nut PieFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 ( 14-ounce ) can sweetened condensed milk(carmelized-directions follow) shopping list
- ( NOT evaporated milk ) shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 cup ( 1/2 pint ) whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 (6-ounce ) package graham cracker crumb crust shopping list
- Stir in dates, pecans and condensed milk; cool. Chill thoroughly. Fold in whipped cream. shopping list
- Pour into crust. shopping list
- Chill 3 hours or until set. shopping list
- Garnish as desired. shopping list
- Refrigerate leftovers. shopping list
How to make it
- To Caramelize Condensed Milk:
- Pour condensed milk into 2-quart glass measure. Microwave on 1/2 power Medium 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Reduce to 1/3 power (LOW); microwave 12 to 16 minutes or until thick and light caramel-colored, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until smooth. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
- Pour condensed milk into top of double broiler; cover. Place over boiling water. Over low heat, simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until thick and light caramel-colored. Beat until smooth. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 425. Pour condensed milk into 8 or 9-inch pie plate. Cover with aluminum foil; place in shallow pan. Fill pan with hot water. Bake 1 to 1/2 hours or until thick and light caramel-colored. Remove foil; cool. Chill thoroughly.
- Caution: Never heat unopened can.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I like dates a lot..Thanks for posting this one too..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Great recipe...ambus in Lahore loved it