Deep-Fried TurkeyFrom castingcook 7 years ago
- 1 (10-pound) turkey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons House seasoning, recipe follows shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite dry rub shopping list
- 3 to 5 gallons peanut oil shopping list
- House Seasoning: shopping list
- 1 cup salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- To measure the amount of oil needed to fry the turkey, place turkey in fryer, add water to top of turkey, remove the turkey and the water line will indicate how much oil will be needed to fry your turkey. Having too much oil can cause a fire. The pot should not be more than 3/4 full or the oil could overflow when the turkey is added.
- Wash bird inside and out, and allow to drain.
- Rub turkey all over with House Seasoning.
- Coat turkey with dry rub.
- Allow the bird to sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Heat peanut oil in a turkey fryer or a very, very large stockpot to 350 degrees F.
- Lower turkey into hot oil, very carefully, making sure it is fully submerged.
- Fry turkey for 3 minutes per pound plus 5 minutes per bird.
- Remove turkey from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with favorite Thanksgiving sides and salads.
The Cookcastingcook Los Angeles, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!