Versatile Chicken Fettuccini AlfredoFrom cathysquickneasydishes 8 years ago
- 2-3 Large Bonless-skinless chicken Breasts Trimmed and cubed into bite sized pieces. (left over chicken cubed will work as well or left-over steak cubed into bite-sized pieces. shopping list
- A little over 1/2 box Fettuccini, Linguini, or even spaghetti shopping list
- 1 -2 16.5 oz jars of Francesco Rinaldi 3 cheese alfredo sauce, (or your favorite jarred alfredo sauce). shopping list
- 1 Large Jar Large Green Olves with pimento shopping list
- 1 Large Can Pitted Ripe Black Oives shopping list
- Grated asiago cheese About 1/4 cup more or less to taste shopping list
- Grated romano cheese About 1/4 cup..more or less to taste. shopping list
- Approx: 2 Tbs. butter or margarine shopping list
- Seasonings: shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- garlic powder or fresh garlic if you prefer shopping list
- onion powder (diced onions if you are feeling ambitious) shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- In a Large Pot of boiling water with salt and a drops or two of olive oil to keep pasta from sticking, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, trim any excess fat,veins etc..and cube chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a medium to large skillet and add cubed chicken, Add above seasonings to taste and brown over medium heat. ( I like the Chicken well seasoned, I add just a touch more than I would use if I were serving the Chicken separate.)
- Once the Chicken is browned, reduce to a low flame and simmer while the pasta finishes cooking.
- Cut olives black and green into quarters (add as many or as few as you like. I used 3/4 can black olives and a little over half of the jar of large green olives)
- (This is also a good time to grate the cheeses if not already grated.)
- Drain the Pasta, rinse lightly, drain and return to pasta pot. ( I usually rinse the pasta pot before returning the pasta)
- Add the Chicken, cut olives, grated cheeses and toss.
- Pour in the Alfredo Sauce. (I used 1 and 1/2 jars add the full 2 jars if you like it really creamy) Heat over medium flame until sauce is thouroghly heated through and serve!
- I have also made this without the chicken, I did reduce the amount of alfredo sauce to make it a consistency I like.
- Great with your favoite Garlic bread (pre made if you are short on time)
- Please let me know if you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did!
The Cookcathysquickneasydishes Beecher, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!