Egg Cheese CasseroleFrom dfangel 9 years ago
- 6 to 9 slices of bread, each cut into 4 squares shopping list
- 1/4 pound [113 g] monterey jack cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 pound [113 g] old cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 pound [113 g] fresh mushrooms, cleaned then sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 to 1 pound [340 to 454 g] cooked sausages, bacon or ham, chopped shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups [750 mL] milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch [23 x 33-cm] glass baking pan.
- Lay bread slices all over bottom of pan.
- Evenly sprinkle bread slices with grated Monterey Jack and Old Cheddar cheeses, mushroom slices and chopped onion.
- Top with chopped cooked sausages, bacon or ham.
- Using a mixer or a blender, beat together eggs, milk and salt.
- Pour all over chopped sausages, bacon or ham pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- On the next day, preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- Bake mixture into preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until center is set, before serving.
The Cookdfangel Vancouver, BC, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!