Kachchaa Kela Raw Banana Kofta CurryFrom maddie 9 years ago
- For making koftas: shopping list
- Kachchaa kela (raw banana) - 4 (boiled) shopping list
- Besan - 2 tbsp (optional) shopping list
- Dhania patta (finely chopped) - 1 tbsp shopping list
- ginger - 1/2 inch (chopped) shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped) shopping list
- Jeera (1 tsp), whole Dhania (1 tsp), dried Red Chilly (2). roast these on a dry tava and then grind them . shopping list
- Jeera - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- Dried Red chilly - 1 shopping list
- Tejpatta - 2 shopping list
- oil - 1 cup shopping list
- onion - 2 medium ( finely chopped) shopping list
- Powdered masala: shopping list
- Haldi powder- 1/2 tsp shopping list
- Dhania powder- 1 tsp shopping list
- Red Chilly powder- 1tsp shopping list
- garam masala - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- Tandoor masala powder - 1 tbsp shopping list
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp shopping list
- Paste of : tomato (1), green chilly (1) shopping list
- boiling water - half liter shopping list
- Garnishing : Dhania patta shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and mash the boiled raw banana. Add the other ingredients listed for making kofta. Mix everything well. Use thebesan only if the koftas can not be bound without it.
- Make round koftas (balls) of the above mixture. Deep fry the koftas in oil till golden red. Store the koftas in a dry vessel.
- Heat rest of the oil, put Jeera ,Tejpatta, dried red chilly and whole garam masala to it. When the jeera begins to splutter, add onion and saute for sometime over medium flame till onion gets transparent and pinkish. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato- green chilly paste and saute for 2 minutes. Then add all the powdered masalas and salt. Saute everything for 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water to it. Bring the gravy to boil and let it boil for 5 minutes. Put off the flame. Add the koftas and garnish with dhania patta. Serve hot with rice.