Ultimate Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom jones2888 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup (3/4 stick) butter flavored crisco shortening shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 T milk shopping list
- 1 T vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 3/4 t. baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)* shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- *If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!