Chocolate Chip Cookie BarsFrom swissms99 6 years ago
- ¾ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in a pan on wire rack overnight. Cover with foil.
- Note: Instead of using an ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan, I use my Medium Bar Stoneware from Pampered Chef (ungreased as well). Cooking time is the same – I have found that the cookies are moister when baked in this. The size of the medium bar pan is 7 3/4 x 11 1/2 inches. I also like to allow the cookies to cool for at least 3 or 4 hours – if they are taken out too early, they tend to fall apart. I typically bake these cookies in the evening and then cover them with foil and let them cool overnight.