Mediterranean Chicken Pasta SaladFrom carlwinter 8 years ago
- 8 oz pasta (farfalle or penne works well) shopping list
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 8 oz blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 16 sun-dried tomato slices, soaked in olive oil or water shopping list
- 1 bunch arugula (about 1/2 the size of a head of lettuce) shopping list
- 4 oz fresh basil shopping list
- 4 oz black olives (preferably not canned) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp pepper, freshly ground shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Pasta Preparation
- 1. Boil water in large pot, adding 1 tsp salt to flavor
- 2. Add pasta and boil until done, about 10 minutes.
- Chicken Preparation
- 3. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips, like fajita strips
- 4. Rub chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme. Fry in olive oil and garlic until golden brown on the outside and cooked throughout.
- Salad Preparation
- 5. Mix pasta, arugula and basil on 4 plates.
- 6. Add chicken, blue cheese, olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 7. Sprinkle fresh-ground pepper on top, mix and serve with a nice red or white wine.