Slow Cooker Fruit-Stuffed Pork RoastFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 cup prepared (moistened) stuffing shopping list
- 1 cup diced dried fruit and raisin mixture shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut horizontally down center length of pork to within 3/4 inch of opposite side. Open flat. From center, cut horizontally to within 3/4 inch from left side edge. Turn pork; repeat cutting to other side; open flat. If pork is thicker than 3/4 inch, cover pork with plastic wrap and pound until about 3/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Mix mustard and butter. Spread half of mustard mixture on inside surfaces of pork. Mix stuffing and fruit; spread over mustard-coated surfaces. Roll roast; tie with kitchen twine. Spread remaining mustard mixture over outside of roast; rub with brown sugar.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook pork in oil until brown on all sides. Place pork in 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour apple juice into skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve any caramelized juices in bottom of skillet. Stir in salt and pepper; pour over pork.
- Cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until meat in the center of pork reads 160°F.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating1 people
I JUST MADE A PORK ROAST SUNDAY AND I WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS RECIPE EARLIER, WELL IT LOOKS LIKE WE'LL BE HAVING PORK ROAST THIS WEEKEND THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS SURE IS A WINNER IN MY EYES!!!! TAKE CAREchell_chell in Ann Arbor loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!