Meat PieFrom imran 8 years ago
- ½ kg meat (you can use chicken also) shopping list
- ¾ kg potatoes (boiled) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp ginger, garlic paste shopping list
- 1 tbsp green chilly paste shopping list
- Corriander leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsps lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp red chilly powder shopping list
- 1 small capsicum (cut into small pieces) shopping list
- 1 medium carrot (grated) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash meat and boil with little salt until soft. Shred it and keep aside.
- Mash boiled potatoes, add red chilly powder, salt and corriander leaves. mix well. (you can add lemon if you want)
- Take 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic paste, green chilly paste, braise for 2 mins, add capsicum,carrot and shreded meat,mix and saute for 2 mins, check salt. (you can smoke the meat if you like)
- Grease square oven tray with oil, spread half of prepared potato mixture evenly, put meat and spread it covering the potato, again put remaining potato mixture, spreading and pressing a bit with hand, making sure the meat is covered.
- Prick it with toothpick all over, beat egg and pour it on the pie, spread it with back of spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven on high temperature until light brown, cut into square pieces and serve with chutneys or sauce of your choice.
- You can deep fry it also but for deep frying, don't pour egg on it instead beat egg mix 2 tbsps white flour, cut pie into square pieces, remove carefully from the tray and dip each piece in this batter, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry in hot oil.
The Cookimran Mumbai, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!