Cranberry CompoteFrom syrus 8 years ago
- 2 lbs fresh cranberry shopping list
- 2 grapefruits, juiced shopping list
- 2 oranges, juiced (zest of 1) shopping list
- 2 limes, juiced (zest of 1) shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 2 sticks cinnamon shopping list
- 4 whole cloves, ground shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean scraped shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- water, as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Add all ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until the berries have opened and changed color to bright red.
- Make slurry from cornstarch and enough water until the consistency is that of heavy cream.
- Turn off heat and add slurry.
- Mix to combine and let cool or serve hot. Too cool properly use an icepack or frozen waterbottle and submerge into compote. Place pot into a bath of ice water. When the temperature reaches 50-40 degrees. You may transfer to a different vessel and store in refrigerator.
The Cooksyrus Boston, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!