Whole Wheat Raisin SconesFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 2 tablespoon sugar with remaining dry ingredients.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Beat eggs and reserve 1 tablespoon.
- Stir remaining eggs, milk and raisins into crumb mixture.
- Knead dough 5 times.
- Divide in half and pat into 5” circle.
- Cut each into 8 wedges and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush reserved egg over wedges and sprinkle with reserved sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 17 minutes or until browned.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!