Onion and Garlic SoupFrom sharopa 10 years ago
- 1 head of garlic shopping list
- 1 whole medium-large onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- Saute pan shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- Favorite Bowl shopping list
- Big soup spoon shopping list
- crusty bread shopping list
- Cup of hot herbal tea shopping list
How to make it
- Peel every clove of the head of garlic.
- Slice the cloves of garlic thin and cut into strips.
- Peel the onion. Cut the onion in half and slice very thin.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan.
- Lightly saute the slivers of garlic until softer. Do not brown.
- Add onions.
- Add more olive oil if needed to keep garlic and onion covered.
- Saute until onions become soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add more water for servings if needed.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl. Eat with a big spoon and crusty bread.
- Enjoy your soup and bread with a cup of hot herbal tea.
The Cooksharopa Winter Park, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!