Heaven and Earth cooked potatoes and appleFrom crossfire 8 years ago
- 2 pounds new red potatoes, washed and quartered shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 1 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 2 pounds cooking apples, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put potatoes in saucpan and cover with water. Add vinegar and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Add apple chunks, mix well, and continue cooking until potatoes are tender but not mushy about 10 minutes more. Drain well.
- While the potatoes and apples are cooking, fry bacn in skillet over medium high heatuntil crisp. Reduce heat to medium, add bread crumbs, and mix well to coat crumbs. Fry for about 2 minutes more to heat through.
- Add bacon mixture and salt and pepper to taste to potatoes and apples, toss gently, and transfer to serving dish.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- crossfire Garner, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!