Hearty Vegetarian Stew 1From kawa11desho 5 years ago
- 1 3/4 c water shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz) small-dice tomatoes (do not drain) shopping list
- 3 fresh roma tomatoes, seeded and rough chopped shopping list
- 1 medium to large shallot or 1 small white onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 bunch scallions, sliced fine. shopping list
- 1 pkg baby portabello mushrooms, rinsed and quartered shopping list
- 1 small pkg rinsed organic snowpeas, ends trimmed and cut in 1" pieces. shopping list
- 3/4 c baby carrot, julienned or matchstick cut shopping list
- 3T fresh minced garlic shopping list
- 2 T fresh basil, shredded shopping list
- 2 T plus 1 t fresh oregano, shredded shopping list
- 1 t Krazy salt (sea salt and a little onion powder will substitute). shopping list
- black pepper, to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- In medium sauté pan, saute canned tomatoes (with liquid) until the tomatoes nearly disintegrate.
- In separate pan, toast garlic and shallots.
- Combine garlic, shallots and tomato sautee. Bring to a simmer.
- In stew pot: Bring water to boil, add salt, pepper and tomato paste.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Add Saute to stew pot. Simmer 3-5 mins.
- Add Tofu and Portabella. Simmer an additional 3-5 mins.
- Add carrot, snowpea and Roma tomato. Simmer 1 min or until veggies reach temperature. (DO NOT OVERCOOK, veggies should not be soft)
- Add basil, oregano and 1/2 the scallions. Simmer for one additional minute. Garnish with remaining scallion, serve immediately.
The Cookkawa11desho Cincinnati, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!