Cranberry Port Wine SaladFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 16 ounce package of raspberry gelatin shopping list
- 1 can of jellied cranberry sauce (alternately cook 12 ounces fresh and sweeten slightly until just bursting) can is easier! shopping list
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple with the juice shopping list
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1 cup of port wine shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 3 ounce package of cream cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 8 ounce container of sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Oil a 9 x 13 pyrex dish, or a gelatin ring mold
- Dissoleve the raspberry gelatin in one cup of boiling water and pour in a large bowl.
- Add the cranberries to the hot gelatin and break it up to mix.
- Drain the pineapple, reserve the juice.
- Add pineapple to raspberry gelatin and cranberries. Cool in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve the unflavored gelatin in the reserved pineapple juice, add the port, and add this to the cooled fruit mixture, along with the chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared dish and chill until set.
- Mix the sour cream, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and sugar and serve as a sauce on the side.
- Mom would change this dish preparation when she wanted to be "fancy." She would cut the cream cheese into small cubes and roll them in the chopped nuts and would place them evenly around the ring mold and allow the gelatin fruit mix to set completely with the little "nut/cheese" balls enclosed in the gelatin.
- She would unmold the whole mixture on a bed leaf lettuce and drizzle the top with the sourcream/mayo/sugar as a dressing.