Basic pan-fried fishFrom magnus 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix together flour with a little salt and pepper on a plate.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels, then coat both sides of the cutlets with the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat about 1/8 inch of oil in a large frying pan until very hot.
- Put the fish into the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes on one side, then turn and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until the coating is crisp and well browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove the fish from the pan and drain briefly on crumpled paper towels. If you are cooking in batches keep warm while cooking the remaining cutlets.
- Serve immediately with a salad or steamed vegetables.
The Cookmagnus Franklin, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!