Beef Stew with RumFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 3 Slices bacon, chopped 2 lbs. lean beef cubes, dredged in flour shopping list
- 1 Large onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 Small green pepper, chopped shopping list
- ½ tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1 16 oz. whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained shopping list
- 1/3 c. Amber rum shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 4 carrots, sliced 2 med. potatoes, cubed shopping list
- A dash of worcestershire sauce salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy. Add beef in small batches and brown. Add onions, garlic and green pepper and cook until soft. Add can of undrained tomatoes, rum, Worcestershire sauce, spices and salt and pepper. Stir well, cover and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes. Continue cooking for 20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. (Serves 6).
People Who Like This Dish 0
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!