Shrimp AppetizersFrom kj4yf 6 years ago
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- lettuce leaves (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells shopping list
- 1 medium mango peeled, seeded, and sliced (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Anaheim pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and devein shrimp. In a medium saucepan bring 4 cups water to boiling. Add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK THE SHRIMP!
- Immerse in ice water to stop the cooking; drain. Set aside.
- 2. In a heavy plastic bag combine garlic, lime peel, lime juice, olive oil, onion, Anaheim pepper, cilantro, sugar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place cooked shrimp in the bag; seal bag. Turn bag to coat shrimp with marinade mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- 3. To serve, drain the shrimp, discarding the marinade. Line a large platter with lettuce leaves and arrange chilled mango slices around outer edge. Place shrimp in center of platter or plate it.