Steak and Cauliflower with Bread CrumbsFrom heidigoseek 8 years ago
- 1 small loaf French or Italian bread, torn into small pieces (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds strip steak shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 ° F.
- Toss the bread in a bowl with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until slightly golden and crispy, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the parsley and capers; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and the garlic in a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Season the steak with the salt and pepper and cook until browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer the steak to a baking dish and roast to the desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest at least 4 minutes before slicing.
- Add the cauliflower and 1/2 cup water to the skillet and cook, covered, until the cauliflower is tender and the water has evaporated, about 7 minutes. Divide the steak, cauliflower, and garlic among individual plates. Spoon the bread crumb mixture over the top.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- 3sacharm Arlington, VA
- mrswolcott22 Oceanside, CA
- nakedchef Taichung, TW
- lemonlime Minneapolis, MN
- rusty92 Fairmount, IL
- nicolemonforti Salem, MA
- heidigoseek Ann Arbor, MI
- mochame Hot Springs, AR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔