Luffa Squash With Mushrooms Spring OnionsCorianderFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1 lb 10 oz luffa squash, peeled shopping list
- 2 tablespoon groundnut (peanut) or sesame oil shopping list
- 2 shallots, halved and sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups button (white) mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mushroom sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 4 spring onions (scallions), cut into 3/4 inch pieces shopping list
- fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves and thin strips of spring onion, to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the luffa squash diagonally into 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or heavy pan.
- Stir in the halved shallots and garlic, stir-fry until they begin to turn golden color, then add the mushrooms.
- Add the soy sauce and the squash.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for a few minutes until the squash is tender.
- Stir in the spring onion pieces, garnish with coriander and spring onion strips, and serve with white rice.