Chocolate ChiliFrom daddyoman 9 years ago
- 6 TABLESPOONS butter OR oil shopping list
- 4 ½ CUPS CHOPPED onions shopping list
- 12 cloves garlic, MINCED OR PRESSED shopping list
- 3 celery STALKS, THINLY SLICED shopping list
- 3 SMALL fresh chili peppers, MINCED shopping list
- 3 TABLESPOONS ground cumin shopping list
- 6 TEASPOONS DRIED oregano shopping list
- 1 ½ TEASPOONS ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2-3 PINCHES OF ground cloves shopping list
- 1 ½ TEASPOONS ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 ½ TEASPOONS salt shopping list
- 4 ½ CUPS CHOPPED RED AND yellow bell peppers shopping list
- 9 CUPS COOKED OR canned black beans (SIX 15.5-OUNCE CANS), shopping list
- RINSED AND DRAINED shopping list
- 6 CUPS UNDRAINED CRUSHED canned tomatoes (THREE 14.5-OUNCE CANS) shopping list
- 1 CUP, MORE OR LESS, semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, warm the butter on medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onions are clear—about 10 minutes.
- Add the celery and chili peppers, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, salt, and the bell peppers.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bell peppers begin to soften. If needed, add a little juice from the canned tomatoes.
- Add the black beans and tomatoes. Bring the chili to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix in the chocolate. When it has melted, adjust spices for taste.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream (not really recommended, but if you try it and like it, let me know.
The Cookdaddyoman St Louis, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!