Traditional Shepherds PieFrom missaprilpiano 7 years ago
- Meat: shopping list
- 1lb lamb (can be sub w/ beef) shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp tarragon shopping list
- 1 pkg frozen spinach or 10oz mixed veggies shopping list
- 1 small pkg mushrooms, washed & sliced shopping list
- 1 can consumme shopping list
- 1 pkg dry beef gravy shopping list
- Potatoes: shopping list
- 4 med red potatoes, cubed, skin on shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1 lg dollop of sour cream shopping list
- 4 Tblsp butter shopping list
- milk, to moisten shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Brown & crumble meat, S&P, mushrooms, and onions together in a skillet, drain
- Thaw & squeeze excess moisture from spinach, fold into meat mixture
- Prepare gravy per pkg, except use consumme instead of water or broth, then fold into meat mixture until a thick stew consistency is acheived
- Add tarragon to meat mixture
- At the same that meat is browning, boil potatoes for 10min in med sauce pan until tender, drain, then mash
- Fold in cream cheese, sour cream, butter add milk until creamy consistency is reached.
- Place meat & veggie mixture into pie plate or individual heat-safe bowls, top with mashed potatoes
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Put under broiler to high heat oven until peaks of potatoes are brown.
- Can be made a day or two ahead of time, then broiled before serving. Great comfort food!!!!
The Cookmissaprilpiano Shreveport, LA
The Rating1 people
This sounds really great. I have a Shepard's pie recipe too, it's amazing how many different versions there are. I'm interested in finding out the background history of a Shepard's pie. I'm thinking it might have to do with Shepard's :) maybe not.
moreinvisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!