Avocado Eggrolls Like Cheesecake FactoryFrom ejergens 6 years ago
- For the egg rolls: shopping list
- 6 large avocados, peeled, pit removed and diced into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes (bottled in oil) ;chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced shopping list
- several sprigs chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 package large egg roll wraps shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- vegetable oil (for frying) shopping list
- For the dipping sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind pulp shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 pinch powdered saffron shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, gently combine the avocado with the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and a pinch of salt. Be careful not to smash the avocado, you aren't making guacamole.
- Prepare egg rolls by spooning 1/3 of filling into an egg roll wrapper. With the wrapper positioned so that one corner is pointing toward you, place the filling about 1" from the bottom corner up over the filling, then roll the filling up to about the middle of the wrapper. Pretty much the same as a burrito but you are just closing up the ends as well. Roll them up tight.
- Brush remaining corners and edges of the wrapper with the egg. Fold the left and right corners over the filling and 'glue' the corners to the wrapper with the egg. Press on the wrapper to ensure it is sealed.
- Repeat steps with remaining egg rolls.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator while you make the dipping sauce. DO NOT LET THE EGG ROLLS TOUCH EACH OTHER IN THEIR UNFRIED STATE!!! They will stick together and create an unusable big blob. I learned the hard way.
- Dipping Sauce:.
- Combine 1st 7 ingredients in food processor.
- Blend with short bursts until the mixture is well blended, and the cashews and garlic have been chopped into pieces about half the size of a grain of rice.
- Combine the vinegars, honey, tamarind, and saffron in a small bowl.
- Heat the mixture for about 1 minute in microwave then stir until tamarind pulp dissolves completely.
- Pour mixture into blender or food processor and mix with cashew mixture (about 20 seconds).
- Pour sauce into bowl. Add the oil and stir by hand.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- In deep fryer or skillet with tall sides, heat enough oil to completely cover the egg rolls.
- Fry egg rolls for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Cut diagonally across middle and serve with dipping sauce.
- You are gonna love these little babies.
The Cookejergens Las Vegas, NV
The Rating6 people
I was amazed at how fantastic these were. My kids even loved them!!!rosej in Dolores loved it
I've had these and they're great! Thanks for the recipe...lunasea in Orlando loved it
I Love it!!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!