Lentil-red Pepper SoupFrom rapunzel 5 years ago
- 1 package lentils -- (16 oz.) rinsed, drained and picked over shopping list
- 2 medium onions -- chopped shopping list
- 1 ham hock shopping list
- 5 cups homemade chicken stock or 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin -- (1 to 1 1/2) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne shopping list
- 1 can diced green chiles -- (4 oz.) shopping list
- 1 cup roasted red peppers -- rinsed, drained and pureed in a food processor shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Description: shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 5 qt. electric slow cooker, mix together the lentils, onions, carrots, ham hock, stock and water.
- 2. Cover and cook on the low heat setting for 9 hours or until the lentils are tender. Remove the ham hock; finely chop the meat and return it to the slow cooker. Stir in the cumin, cayenne, green chiles and red pepper puree. Season with salt to taste. Increase the heat to high and cook 15 minutes longer.
The Cookrapunzel Private, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!