Carrot CakeFrom rrooster 7 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 and a quarter cup oil shopping list
- 4 cups shredded carrot shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- quarter cup butter shopping list
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups confectioner sugar shopping list
- 1 small orange's zest shopping list
- juice from the orange shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and raisins in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs, oil and carrots in another mixing bowl.
- Add the 'wet' ingredients to the 'dry' ingredients and fold together with a spatula.
- Place the batter into a greased cake pan and bake in the oven at 325 for about an hour.
- Check with a toothpick at the end of an hour. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is done. If batter sticks to the toothpick, give it another 10 minutes, repeatedly (checking each time), until done.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to a pudding-like consistency.
- When the frosting is combined, add the orange zest and juice. Mix again. The frosting should take on a soupy consistency.
- Allow the cake to cool, then apply the frosting liberally.
The Cookrrooster Philadelphia, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!