Best Fruit TrifleFrom atariq123 7 years ago
- orange Cake Mix 1/2 Package ( you may need extra ingredients per the package) shopping list
- milk 1 ltr, divided into two 500 ml portions. shopping list
- Strawberry flavoured custard powder 2 tbsp shopping list
- mango flavoured custard powder 2 tbsp shopping list
- pineapple tid-bits in syrup 1 small can shopping list
- fresh strawberries 1 cup - diced into small pieces shopping list
- Apple 1 large - cut into small (1/4 inch) pieces shopping list
- sugar 8 tbsp shopping list
- Jello Any flavor shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the orange cake per the package instructions. Cool and cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Layer a trifle bowl with the cake pieces. Onto the cake layer add a layer of all the fruits mixed together.
- Take out 1/4 cup cold milk from 500 ml and add stawberry custard powder, mix and set aside. Bring rest of the milk to a boil, add 4 tbsp sugar and add the strawberry custard powder mixture slowly while stirring the milk constantly until it thickens. Take off the stove, still stirring and pour onto the cake/ fruit layer in the trifle bowl. Let cool in a refrigerator for about an hour. Take out and add another layer of cake pieces and fruits.
- From the other 500 ml of milk take out 1/4 cup and add mango flavoured custard powder. Bring the rest of the milk to a boil, add 4 tbsp sugar and add the mango custard powder mixture slowly while stirring the milk constantly until it thickens. Take off the stove, still stirring and pour onto the 2nd cake/ fruit layer in the trifle bowl. Let cool in the refrigerator for another hour or so. Prepare the jello per the packge instructions and cool to just above room temperature before pouring onto the trifle. Top with some fruit pieces and serve chilled.