Grilled Tuna Steak With Pesto PastaFrom manda 8 years ago
- 3-4 Stuna steaks, thick cut shopping list
- 1pkg Knorr Pesto mix shopping list
- 1pkg McCormick's herb and wine seafood marinade shopping list
- 1can White clam Sauce shopping list
- 2tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/2c Real butter shopping list
- 2tbs vinegar shopping list
- 1lb Fettucini (I prefer the spinich variety for color) shopping list
- 10-12 small shrimp, prepared shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, diced/crushed shopping list
- 1tbs honey shopping list
- 1/2c Parmesean cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to med-high temp
- Begin by Marinating the tuna steaks in 2tbs vinegar, 1tbs Olive Oil, the honey, 1 clove diced/crushed garlic, 1/2 the Mesquite Packet and 1/2 of the pesto packet for about 15 minutes, flipping the steaks halfway through.
- While the tuna is marinating, prepare your pasta "al dente" style according to the package. Strain and leave aside.
- Next, in a cold, deep skillet, add in the remaining olive oil and 1 diced/crushed garlic clove. Bring to a medium heat together.
- Once the garlic begins to sizzle a bit, add the clam sauce and simmer to slightly reduce.
- Once the sauce has begun, it's time to put your tuna steaks on the grill. Begin with the steaks on an upper rack for 5-7 minutes depending on your preferred doneness basting occationally with the marinade. Once the steaks begin to appear more 'flaky' you can move them with tongs to the bottom rack to sear each side with fabulous grill marks.
- While the steaks are grilling, go back to your skillet and add the butter. Once it has melted, add the shrimp and the remaining half of the pesto packet and stir.
- To serve, add the pasta to the skillet and toss or fold to coat it evenly. Once the pasta has warmed through, make a mound on a plate and serve the tuna steak on top. Sprinkle with Parmesean cheese,salt, and pepper to taste.