Slow cooked braising beef with pasta in a creamy mushroom and sprout sauceFrom rich_banff 5 years ago
- I pack of braising beef cut into strips (I can't remember the mass, but what looks enough for two servings!) shopping list
- 3 large mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 large white onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 tub creme fraiche shopping list
- 5 Brussels sprouts shopping list
- pasta (I used spaghetti but you can use anything you have really!) shopping list
- i/2 glass white wine shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Quickly brown the beef in a frying pan for a few minutes, just to seal in the juices.
- Coarsely chop 2 of the mushrooms, and halve two of the garlic cloves.
- Deglase the pan, with the wine, and add this to this to the beef when you bake it.
- Bake the beef in an oven at 180 degrees Celsius, with 2 of the garlic cloves, and 2 of the mushrooms.
- Bake the beef for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Dice the last mushroom and onion, shred the sprouts, and mince the last clove of garlic.
- Saute the mushroom, onion, sprouts and garlic on a medium high heat and season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushroom, onion etc has all softened and the onion has gone golden, add the creme fraiche, and turn the heat down to a medium low heat.
- Cook the pasta with a bit of olive oil.
- Sever the pasta first, then place the creme fraiche sauce on top of the pasta, then place the beef on top of that.
The Cookrich_banff Leicester, U.K.
- Not added to any groups yet!