Starbucks Iced Caramel MacchiatoFrom lillyann 9 years ago
- vanilla syrup shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh espresso shopping list
- 8 ounces milk, steamed with foam shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce shopping list
- 4 small ice cubes and (optional) whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- You can use vanilla syrup from a bottle or from Starbucks for the drink or make your own vanilla syrup following this Top Secret Recipe:
- HOT Caramel Macchiato
- Simply combine 2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Remove from heat and cool. Store in a covered container.
- To make your coffee drink, add two tablespoon of vanilla syrup to a 16-ounce glass. Add 1/2 cup fresh brewed espresso followed by 8 ounces of steamed milk.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce to the drink. Stir before drinking.
- NOTE: Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Same ingredients, plus some small ice cubes and (optional) whipped cream:
- In a pint glass or iced tea glass (we're assuming 16 oz), add vanilla syrup and fill about 3/5 of the way with cold milk. Add ice almost to the top and pour espresso (2 shots would be typical) over the top. If you've done it right, the espresso will mix in only about halfway down without stirring. If adding whipped cream, add it here. Drizzle the top with caramel and enjoy.
- Makes one 16-ounce drink (grande size).