Asparagus QuicheFrom tuilelaith 9 years ago
- 1 pound fresh asparagus shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pastry shell shopping list
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups light cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Cut eight asparagus spears 4 inches long for garnish.
- Cut remaining pieces into 1/2-inch pieces, using only tender parts of the stalks.
- Boil 1 quart of water in a large saucepan; add salt and all the asparagus.
- Return to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- Brush bottom of pastry shell with egg whites.
- In a bowl, combine the asparagus, cheese and bacon; mix gently. Place in the pastry shell.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour into the shell.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Arrange the asparagus spears spoke-fashion on top of the quiche.
- Place the cherry tomato halves in between the asparagus spokes.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!