grandma martens beef stewFrom bunnielouise 8 years ago
- 2 lb. chuck cubed, raw shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cans Campbell's Beef Consomme' shopping list
- 1 can water shopping list
- 1/4 Cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cajun seasoning (McCormick) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup peeled baby carrots shopping list
- 8 small red potatoes, peeled, quartered, or 4 idahoes shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Shake the beef in a bag with the flour and seasonings.
- Brown the chopped onions in oil, in a heavy skillet, remove to a Dutch Oven . (A large oval, heavy pot, w/ cover)
- Saute' the floured beef cubes, 'til lightly browned, add to onions.
- Save the seasoned flour.
- If necessary, add a little more oil, then lightly saute' garlic, watch carefully, so as not to burn. Add to meat & onions.
- Add the consomme', and water, scraping the pan for all delicious bits, add to meat mixture.
- Add carrots, potatoes to the Dutch Oven, put on high, bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours.
- If needed, thicken with 2 tablespoons flour mixed w/ 1Cup water, boil for 5 min. on medium.
- Serve with warm Crusty French Bread, or omit the potatoes, make mashed potaqtoes, and serve over the potatoes. Good w/ Merlot.
The Cookbunnielouise Houghton Lake, MI
The Rating1 people
looks like just what i'm looking for...will let you know. however you use too many pots! i think i'll brown the meat real dark first, then add more oil if needed and do the onion. what's your thoughts?tinadunlap in Greenwood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!