Wasabi Chicken Pasta SaladFrom remittancegirl 5 years ago
- 2 cups Cooked chicken breast, diced (if starting from scratch, roast the chicken breast with a little soy sauce for a nuttier flavour) shopping list
- 2 cups cooked pasta (rotini or penne works best) shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 Stalks of celery, diced shopping list
- 2 green onions, minced shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, minced shopping list
- 1 small cucumber, diced shopping list
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce or butter lettuce, washed, dried and torn. shopping list
- For the dressing: shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (or rice wine vinegar, if you have it) shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder or paste (more if you like it spicy) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- salt, pepper and a little sugar to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, assemble all ingredients except the lettuce. It's not a bad thing if the pasta is still warm from cooking - it will "suck up" the dressing better.
- For making the dressing, put all dressing ingredients in a blender, making sure that the garlic becomes finely minced. Taste and add sugar or salt if needed. You're after a slightly sweet and sour zing.
- Add the dressing to the bowl full of ingredients and toss until all elements are thoroughly coated. Chill in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
The Cookremittancegirl Ho Chi Minh CIty, VN
The Rating2 people
I've just started cooking with wasabi, so this is going to be a real treat to try! (BTW, I like the idea of cooking the chicken in a bit of soy sauce for more flavour..) I look forward to trying this!
Thanks (yet again!) RemittanceGirl:)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
I am a FACS teacher and I teach International Foods to High Schoool students. We "travel" around the US first to experience food that is unique and different in the United States. This week we "traveled" to the West and California...moremamaguhl in Hutchinson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!